Thursday, July 10, 2008

60-Day Challenge!

It's official! I've just signed up for the 60-Day Challenge at Bikram Yoga San Jose, and went to my first class today.

That means I'm committing to taking a bikram class every day for 60 consecutive days. It may be tough, but I'm very motivated to see it through, and to discover what benefits it can have on my health and well-being. The benefits it claims to offer are very, very many. And I've got a big laundry list of little aches and pains to work on, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I've done bikram yoga before, but never so consistently. The few times I've stuck to it for more than a couple days at a time, I've definitely noticed significant changes to my body and my mental state--though I've occasionally found that it makes me have too much energy to sleep at night. Well, we'll see what will happen in 60 days...in any case, today's class felt great. I had a neck injury a few weeks ago, so I'm taking it a little easy on the Rabbit pose--but I had no problems today (aside from the usual back/rib aches, lack of flexibility, etc., of course).

Wish me luck!

No comments: