Saturday, October 06, 2007

Gotta love open source.

Hello blog,

Well, I have to 'fess up. I haven't been sure whether this blogging thing is working for me; I think I'm having a crisis of purpose here. I think I partly made this blog for the wrong reasons--like, wanting to be able to journal my innermost thoughts somewhere on a regular basis. But, hm, maybe an actual private journal would be better for that sort of thing! That way, I won't have an urge to write something and then think, "...but do I really want to share this piece of personal information with the online world?" Besides, I think my readership (which, I believe, has consisted of a few of my good friends and loved ones--thanks people!) will get tired of all of the internal monologue, sprinkled with occasional angst, that goes on inside my head. And finally, there are other, less internal ways to examine the amount of "l-o-v-e," or lack thereof at times, in the world, that don't involve reporting on the daily (or bimonthly, as seems to be the case here) temperature of my own moods.

So, with that in mind, I'm going to attempt to shift my theme ever so slightly outward, to things that are happening out in the big wide world. Hopefully I've absorbed enough KQED, Newsweek, NYTimes, Food Network, and self-help books to have some interesting things to say here. Time will only tell if it's enough to keep this li'l' blog o' mine shiny.

Oh yeah, open source. So the Jaguar of this mid-blog-life crisis of mine is ScribeFire, which is supposed to be an indispensible aid to more efficient blogging. And it's free! So far, in the 3 minutes I've used it, I'm liking it.

Much love, my friends.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: