Saturday, September 30, 2006

i can sing!

Wow, I'm so excited about singing. As you may know, I've been practicing some warmup scales from the book/CD I've been reading, trying to find my middle voice.

I was in my car the other day (which is normally when I do my singing practice, although it's probably a little too distracting for my safety), driving home after taking a friend to the airport, and decided to see how it felt to sing some actual songs again, now that I've kind of been exploring this new part of my voice. So I popped in my iPod cassette adapter, started singing, and it felt, well, GREAT!! I felt so much more ease singing in that part of my range that has always been kind of stressful to me--the part that's kind of too high to belt for extended periods of time, but a bit too low to sing in my head voice--not talking about ice cream voice, Yelena ;), although I think that voice may be talking right now....

The end result? I was able to sing nonstop the entire way home from SFO without wear ing my voice out! It may not sound like much, but for me it felt like the time I swam 1K for the first time. I had majorly plateaued before I started using this book, and always felt so restricted in what songs I could sing and how many I could last through. Now the doors are wide open; I bet even karaoke will be more fun! Care to join, anyone??

No comments: